• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

court transcripts

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jane2256

My brother, who lives in Colorado, was involved in an accident, a driver ran a red light and he hit her, he was on a motorcycle and sustained the most injuries. He is now going through the criminal process as she was charged with three felonies. His family is located in various states around the U.S. and due to the accident, his memory isn't very good. I asked the victims assistant about obtaining the court transcripts so we would have a better idea of what is going on. She said that they are very expensive, but neglected to say how much it would cost.
My questions are:
1. Is it usual for there to be a charge for information gathered in a case you are involved in (i.e. court transcripts)?
2. Can the cost of my brother obtaining the transcripts be deferred over to the defendant?

Thank you for your response,
Jane
[email protected]

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

There is always a charge for such transcripts or copies of the criminal complaint. The cost can try to be waived (he must fill out a form for this). But if you want the defendant to pay, you must sue later. This civil action cannot be done by requesting it during a criminal trial.

Try this:
http://www.courts.state.co.us/ct-index.htm

Go to trial court and then pick the county from there.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">