• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

workers comp

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

melissabritt

I have been on workers comp since 3-7-00 for cps, my employer has been fighting my claim for going on a year now. I have been diognosed by three different doctors that say I need surgery. My question is this: Can my employer cancel my regular medical insurance without any notice? I didn't find out it was canceled until I went to p/u a prescription ( I have 2 prescriptions that I must take on a daily basis)
When I first took this job I was told that the employer would fully pay for mine and my daughters insurance, but when my daughter turned 18 (still a full time student) her insurance was canceled. I was sent a letter a couple months after my injury stating that I would have to start paying part of my insurance myself. I have been doing so ever since. Now I have no insurance and was given no notice to find any.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">