• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

State to state extradition

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ksjane

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Could someone please direct me to where I could find laws about extradition from state to state? Imparticulary, what is the process if someone is arrested in TX for a Federal Warrant in KS? What is the process for KS to come and get them and how long is that process? Are there time limits? Any info-links-opinions- tc... sorry in advance, thanks in advance....What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

racer72

You said the magic words that makes the extradition laws of each state irrelevant.

Could someone please direct me to where I could find laws about extradition from state to state? Imparticulary, what is the process if someone is arrested in TX for a Federal Warrant in KS? What is the process for KS to come and get them and how long is that process? Are there time limits? Any info-links-opinions- tc... sorry in advance, thanks in advance
The feds don't need to extradite state to state.

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Could someone please direct me to where I could find laws about extradition from state to state? Imparticulary, what is the process if someone is arrested in TX for a Federal Warrant in KS? What is the process for KS to come and get them and how long is that process? Are there time limits? Any info-links-opinions- tc... sorry in advance, thanks in advance....What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
**A: no worries man cuz the feds provide free transportation to any state.

ksjane

Thanks. So, the Federal Agents in KS can arrange for transportation for the alleged fugitive in TX at anytime? Is there a holding period? Statute of limitations? Anything of that nature? More details on the process? Thanks in advance...

seniorjudge

Q: So, the Federal Agents in KS can arrange for transportation for the alleged fugitive in TX at anytime?

A: Yes.

Q: Is there a holding period?

A: No; you're in custody now.

Q: Statute of limitations?

A: That stopped running the instant the charges were filed.

ksjane

So essentially, the alleged suspect could potentially sit at a federal holding/detention facility for 1 week? 1 month? 1 year? There is no 'process' as to what occurs once someone is detained of this nature? Are they just transported once there is a court date? Few more details please, or a link to the information. Thanks again, everyone.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Why play word-games. It is not the "alleged" fugitive or suspect. The person in question IS the fugitive suspect.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
So essentially, the alleged suspect could potentially sit at a federal holding/detention facility for 1 week? 1 month? 1 year? There is no 'process' as to what occurs once someone is detained of this nature? Are they just transported once there is a court date? Few more details please, or a link to the information. Thanks again, everyone.
Ask the attorney representing the person in question.

ksjane

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">