• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

bench warrant

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

goodgrief123

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio

I currently have a bench warrant issued for failure to appear for failure to reinstate. I have also been arrested once over this when I was a passenger in a friend's car that was pulled over. I had tried to reschedule court dates as I have two kids w/disabilities and no one to watch them. I really want to resolve this; it has snowballed horribly. I just want to be legal again! What am I facing, and what steps should I take to resolve it? Money's an issue too - there's not a lot to spare.

seniorjudge

We'd have to know what statute number(s) you are charged under.

There are a couple of things you could do:

1. Surrender. The cops will set you a new court date and you will have to post bail.

2. Hire a lawyer. The lawyer will handle all the details; you may still have to be arrested, booked, post bail, etc.

3. Go to the court yourself and ask the clerk for a court date. You may till have to be arrested, booked, post bail, etc.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">