• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

on and after sentences

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tvbdude

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Massachusetts

I have been arrested twice in my life. The first case, they gave me a suspended sentence for 2 1/2 years with 1 1/2 yrs probation. I violated the probation by catching a new case. They held me without bail on the probation violation and the new charge. I pleaded guilty to the new charge and released me on credit for time served(4 months). The rest of the sentence for the new charge(2 yrs and 2 months) is suspended for 5 yrs and they put me on probation again. So now I'm on probation for the new charge and the first case(they revoked my probation for the first case). My question is if I get rearrested on a new case, can the sentences be served concurrently or one after the other? 2 1/2 yrs for the first case and then start serving 2 yrs and 2 months for the 2nd case plus whatever the sentence is for the 3rd case.

JETX

My question is if I get rearrested on a new case
Hey, I have a GREAT bit of advice for you... why don't you just quit breaking the law?? That way you won't have to worry about what might happen when you get caught??
What a friggin' idiot!!!

seniorjudge

Q: My question is if I get rearrested on a new case, can the sentences be served concurrently or one after the other?

A: My GUESS (since I cannot predict the future) is that with your background, they would be consecutive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">