• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

teen, drugs, intent, trouble

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hills1492

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

My husband's nephew (almost 17) has been living with us for almost a year. Things were going relatively well (....as well as they can with this kid...he has always been difficult...) until he was arrested for 30 ecstasy pills, small quantity of marijuana, pipe, fake id (and false statement.....he's not too smart sometimes...) in a cop operation. They seem set on pursuing possession with intent because of the number of pills and because he had a list of friend's 'orders'.... This is the first time he has been in trouble in CA, when he was with his mother in another state he had two minor-alcohol possession and two marijuana possession. He's had diversion, fines, community service, drug programme, etc previously.....
With intent...that's always a felony isn't it? Even though there was never going to be any exchange of money (profit)....?(his story...)
Any ideas on what we're looking at here?.....I have mixed feelings, sometimes I just wish they would lock him up with the hope that he might figure out the reality and grown-up consequences of his behavior, other times I hope we can get him to see that without the need for jail....
For now he's facing the joy of almost complete supervision from my husband and I, and he seems a little scared by the 'with intent' - good, I feel like we could get somewhere with this kid if he got the **** scared out of him.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">