• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

inappropriate language by managers before my interview

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jwsapp

inappropriate language at interview by potential employer

i recently went for an interview with a national company. as i was filling out the application in the back offices, around which were managers offices. a manager was on the phone with an outside vendor and used 10-12 inappropriate words(go_ dam_ it,fu_ k,sh_t). there was another man sitting next to me filling out an application plus a female secretary close by.

i was very offended, especially since this company has in its mission statement to honor God in all we do.

i did not stay for the interview because i did not want to work in such an office.

no one is perfect, but close your door and then speak that way if you need to.

i got the man's name and sent a letter to his boss telling him this story.

should i have done more. were my rights violated in any way?

let me know what you think.

thanks

[Edited by jwsapp on 02-19-2001 at 11:41 PM]

D

D. D. Lessenberry

Re: inappropriate language at interview by potential employer

jwsapp said:
i recently went for an interview with a national company. as i was filling out the application in the back offices, around which were managers offices. a manager was on the phone with an outside vendor and used 10-12 inappropriate words(go_ dam_ it,fu_ k,sh_t). there was another man sitting next to me filling out an application plus a female secretary close by.

i was very offended, especially since this company has in its mission statement to honor God in all we do.

i did not stay for the interview because i did not want to work in such an office.

no one is perfect, but close your door and then speak that way if you need to.

i got the man's name and sent a letter to his boss telling him this story.

should i have done more. were my rights violated in any way?

let me know what you think.

thanks

[Edited by jwsapp on 02-19-2001 at 11:41 PM]

Since you were not employed at the place, I don't see much more that you can do.

Unfortunately, vulgarity and profanity have become rampant in our society.

The only STRETCH I can see here is if he made you emotionally distraught, upset, ill, etc. Then, maybe, only MAYBE would you have cause for a lawsuit.

Good luck on future interviews.

D. D.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">