• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

8+ years ago.. Soliciting an undercover cop!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

10yrsago

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

PC M647(B) M DISORDERLY CONDUCT:pROSTITUTION 03/03/2000 ACTIVE
:eek::rolleyes:
I was arrested & charged with soliciting a prostitute (cop), in March of 2000. I plead Not Guilty instead of just paying the $50 fine.
This took place a few hours drive from my home. And I missed the first court date, warrant issued, showed up, represented myself, didn't show up, another warrant, showed up,,on and on..

I acquired a Public Defender in 2003, at last, all he said was show up on time for the trial date and he assured me they would be dismissing the case.
I showed up exactly 5 lousy minutes late. Sat in court until recess and asked the court admin. if my name was called and said it was called first, and that they issued a warrant. And said I'd have to come back another day to take care of it.

So, here we are 2008, I haven't been back, was pulled over the other day for traffic infraction and they said I still have an outstanding warrant in that county. They let me go, and said it won't go away and to take care of it.

Question: Is there any time limit on a Misdemeanor?
and if not, should i just go down there and turn myself in?
I have no arrest record, convictions anything on my record. Well except the above.
Thanks,,,,,,,What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Indiana Filer

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

PC M647(B) M DISORDERLY CONDUCT:pROSTITUTION 03/03/2000 ACTIVE
:eek::rolleyes:
I was arrested & charged with soliciting a prostitute (cop), in March of 2000. I plead Not Guilty instead of just paying the $50 fine.
This took place a few hours drive from my home. And I missed the first court date, warrant issued, showed up, represented myself, didn't show up, another warrant, showed up,,on and on..

I acquired a Public Defender in 2003, at last, all he said was show up on time for the trial date and he assured me they would be dismissing the case.
I showed up exactly 5 lousy minutes late. Sat in court until recess and asked the court admin. if my name was called and said it was called first, and that they issued a warrant. And said I'd have to come back another day to take care of it.

So, here we are 2008, I haven't been back, was pulled over the other day for traffic infraction and they said I still have an outstanding warrant in that county. They let me go, and said it won't go away and to take care of it.

Question: Is there any time limit on a Misdemeanor?
and if not, should i just go down there and turn myself in?
I have no arrest record, convictions anything on my record. Well except the above.
Thanks,,,,,,,What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Warrants never expire. I'm really surprised they let you go after so many Failures to Appear. One of these days, you're going to be stopped and jailed until you can appear in front of the original Court. It's possible that you may be jailed until the original charges are taken care of.

Your best bet is to go to the original Court and ask them what you need to do to get this taken care of.

Oh yeah, and that "lousy 5 minutes late" is still a Failure to Appear. They don't tell you to show up at 9-ish. When they say 9 (or whatever time), that's the time you need to be there.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">