• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

juvenile charges

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cmc40

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? georgia
can a 12 yr old be, whom admited to the crime, be charged as an adult on a manslaughter charge?

outonbail

A: what are the specifics?
Not very likely regardless of the specifics is it?
Not questioning your reply, just can't see twelve years old being considered an adult by any stretch of the imagination,,,,,

Indiana Filer

Not very likely regardless of the specifics is it?
Not questioning your reply, just can't see twelve years old being considered an adult by any stretch of the imagination,,,,,

I googled this, and found that Georgia has no minimum age for possible waiver to adult Court. That means a 12 year old could be waived to adult Court.

If the juvenile is waived to adult Court, and is then found not guilty, the juvenile will most likely be in adult Court for any future offenses, no matter how minor. Once waived, always waived is the standard in most states.

So, by very little stretch of the imagination, yes, a 12 year old could be charged and sentenced as an adult. (BTW, if waived to adult Court, they would still serve any sentence in a juvenile facility until they turned approximately 17 or 18, at which point they would be transferred in with the adult population.)

I'm a juvenile probation officer

outonbail

Wow, i guess they keep them kids in line in Georgia!

No fighting in the sandbox now children or you may end up trying to explain your actions to a jury.

They must give these criminals a stack pillows to sit on when they're on the stand, so they can face their accusers,,,

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">