• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

on the straightened path but worrying...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

doggynell

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? new york

I am a recovering addict for perscription medication clean for one year. I've successfully completed rehab which I attended on my own behalf, I was not required to do so. I have a pretty clean record, one bad check which I am on a 6 month conditional for. I am a single father of two children with full custody, their mother in prison for 15 months.

Back when I was using I would buy from only a few select people, all people I trusted, always aware of the consequences. Never made a sale, only purchases. Well, now that I'm finally getting my feet on the ground, two people I used to buy from have been hit with sealed indictments for intent to sell. If I'm correct, a Class B Felony.

Now personally, I am a paranoid individual anyway but recently I can't help but worry that a cop car is going to pull into my driveway because of my previous lifestyle. Do I have reason to worry? What are the consequences now, after 1 year? How can I find out if I am a target(warrants)? Should I move away? Any advice would probably help me sleep at night.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

mmmagique

Probably the worst that could happen (assuming your facts are true), is you would be required to testify against your former dealer(s).

It's never a bad idea to move away from bad influences though, if you have the opportunity, why not start fresh?

Good luck to you!

~Christina

doggynell

on the straightened path but worrying

Thanks for the advice!!! I'm glad I got away from this mess when I did or else it probably would have lead to me going down a different path, a cold dark path, and who know's what I would be doing now.

Thanks again
~D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">