• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what are my rights? illinois

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

JASON MALLORY

after dateing a girl for 9 months.we broke up,during the time we were together she payed;my credit card off,a loan,
and many other personal depts. now she is calling me and my family, along with my co-workers. she is demanding all the
money right now. she also wants money for the things she bought me and trips we took. by the way, we work for the
same company, in different towns. she says i owe her$5,000.
she is not a mentally stable person. i didn't sign anything
saying i would pay her back.i have made about 6 payments to her.
what can she do to me legally?
what can i do to make her stop harassing me?
do i have to pay this back?
help????
jason/illinois

JETX

It sounds to me like you are not contesting her claim that at least part of the money was loans (this is supported by your repayments).

Here is what she could do.... she can sue you in court and get a judgment against you. Then, depending on your state laws, she might be able to garnish your wages until paid in full, plus interest, plus costs.

Yes, if you are responsible and mature, you have to pay her back for the loans.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">