• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Disorderly Conduct OH

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

screwed up

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? OH. I was given a disorderly conduct by my campus police officers that goes through the city legal system. It was a public urination but really could've been greater because of the circumstances. I called the city and the fine is $175 if I just mail it in and then I don't have to go to the court date. I don't have any problem paying the fine and I'm not going to try to fight the charge. My question is, is there any way to get this to stay off of my record? I'm a student and I've never done anything before. I wanted to know if its better to go to the court date and see if there's community service or something that will allow this to not show up on my record. Please let me know what I should do. Should I go to the court date, should I call the DA, or should I just pay the fine and be done with it? It is listed as a minor misdemeanor by the way which I've heard is just like a traffic ticket.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">