• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

who can see a will?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

spiderjohn

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida
Hi, I live in Kentucky. My wifes father recently passed. (7/4/08) We are pretty sure we had been cut out of will. Her Brother had instructed other relatives not to inform us of the death. We found out on our own. My question is; is there any way to see the will? Do we, by law, have any right to see the will? If we had been mentioned in any way in the will would we be notified? Thank you for any help. Again, He died in Florida~Rick

BlondiePB

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida
Hi, I live in Kentucky. My wifes father recently passed. (7/4/08) We are pretty sure we had been cut out of will. Her Brother had instructed other relatives not to inform us of the death. We found out on our own. My question is; is there any way to see the will? Do we, by law, have any right to see the will? If we had been mentioned in any way in the will would we be notified? Thank you for any help. Again, He died in Florida~Rick
Call the probate division of the courthouse in the county where he died. For a nominal fee, you can receive a copy of the will and the entire probate file.

spiderjohn

I see...

Thanks, Blondie
Soooo, a will is public record and can be viewed by anyone? All I need to know is the county the deceased deceased in? That seems kinda crazy. But I will do that. Thanks, again~Rick

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">