• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

self taken photos as evidence in court?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

monalkt

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? OHIO
Hi there I have a few other threads up regarding my situation but now I have a new question, The lady who has falsely accused me of hitting her has pictures of herself with black eyes can these be used against me? She could have taken these at anytime they are not from law enforcement or a hospital they are her own personal photos. This is all she has I have witnesses9 in all including my Pastor from church I have credit card staements and I have that she waited 7 months before filing a complaint on me

CavemanLawyer

Yes the prosecutor should be able to use the photos as long as she (or whoever actually took the pictures) testifies that they were taken at that relevant time. Photos do not need to be taken by law enforcement to be used as evidence against you. All of the issues that you brought up with these questionable photos are things that can be raised in trial to attack that evidence...but it should still come in.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">