• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Underage consumption citation in Pa

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JoeB820

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA
I'm 19 and a college student in PA. I was recently walking thru campus to get back to my friends house. While I was walking campus police stopped me(i could have drove but thought it would have been smarter to walk). I was breathalised and blew a 0.14. I was very cooperative and could have been issued a citation for both underage consumption and public drunkenness but i was only cited for underage consumption.
On my citation one part says my BAC was 0.014 and the other part says 0.14 (what i actually blew). When i went to take my citation to district justices office he said i have 3 choices. 1. plead guilty, pay my fines and lose my licence for 90 days.
2. Plead guilty, take a class and get it expunged from my record, and still lose my licence for 90 days.
3. Plead not guilty, go to summary court and try to find my way out of it.
I really cannot afford to lose my licence especially since i commute to school. Could the differences in BAC or the fact that i need my car to get to class be enough to get this dropped? This is my first offense. can someone help me out on what my best choice would beWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

cyjeff

Police officers are allowed to make mistakes. It will be up to the judge to state whether this mistake materially effects the citation.

Since you are underage, it probably doesn't matter. You could have been cited for .014 as easily as .14....

Think of all the money you will save on gas money.

JoeB820

Has anyone ever heard of this happening and not getting their license suspended??? Or even a reduced suspension?

I've heard of people I strongly believe to be murderers getting away scott-free because a glove doesn't fit *cough cough*. You need a lawyer if you're that worried about losing your license, and they can address your questions. At least have a consultation with one.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">