• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Police officer falsifying charges in court

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickyUK

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? London, UK

I was arrested for Aggravated Assault and Battery of a US Police Officer. The charge sheet states I resisted arrest, and I struck an officer.

In court she suddenly tried to change the charges to "simple assault and breach of the peace not upon an officer" but the judge went mad and said that's not what I was arrested for. She wasn't acting as a police officer at the time, mall is a public place. She said she had "personally signed it" as that and couldn't explain the Aggravated Assault and Battery charge.

Thankfully the judge dismissed the charges but being a UK citizen I now have to declare the arrest and unable to visit the states under the visa waiver programme. I went to the US embassy in London and they refused me a tourist visa. The officer there said "why should we let you in to beat up our police officers?". I applied again, this time with the court transcript to prove how she lied and changed the charge in court but they still refused me.
I couldn't find a lawyer in St Thomas to take on the case but I have put in an official complaint about her. It's been difficult to sort this out with me being in UK.

How do I get the arrest off my record?

If she wasn't a police officer at the time and only a security guard, is it legal for her to carry a gun to the mall?

Last edited:

nickyUK

I guess this police officer is still happily going about her life, job etc, while I have this arrest on my record forever, have to declare it when applying for jobs (do I lie or wait til I get caught?). I have lost my right to US visa waiver.

Last edited:

nickyUK

I called practically every lawyer in the phone book. Explained the situation, they'd say they'd get back to me...nothing. I'd chase up and it was wrong type lawyer or not interested in the case.
I had a police officer insisting he could help me with a lawyer but his conditions were that I pay for a 2 week cruise for him....and I go with him!!! so that was out the question.

I tried many lawyers in the States but they said it's not in their area.

I spent 3 months trying to get a copy of the transcript (very difficult from London) but to no avail. Eventually I found someone who got it within an hour.

Last edited:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Anywhere in the world (not just the US, as this site is designed for), if an attorney won't take your case on ANY basis, then you have no case.

Zigner

Well if you'd read it correctly you'd see that in the States they won't deal with US Virgin Islands - out of their area. Also cost...some said there is no money in it.

I'm not American but this wouldn't happen in England.

Again, Anywhere in the world (not just the US, as this site is designed for), if an attorney won't take your case on ANY basis, then you have no case.

cyjeff

Then I recommend you stay there.

To the above point, lawyers make money by taking cases. If no lawyer will take your case, that should tell you something.

Well, unless you were trying to insist that they take it on a contingency basis or pro bono or something.

Which, of course, just tells you that they REALLY don't think you have a case.

Zigner

The island is very controlled by the masons.
Again, Anywhere in the world (not just the US, as this site is designed for), if an attorney won't take your case on ANY basis, then you have no case.

Perhaps you should accept the offer from the attorney who wanted to go on the cruise with you? ;)

You Are Guilty

I would consider taking this case, but you'd first have to come to my office on Rebulon 5 (which can be reached in less than 12 parsecs if you hurry). My test for taking cases is quite simple though - if my unicorn likes you, you're in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">