• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Foster Child back in the system

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lbryant0815

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Georgia
My husband and I became foster parents specifically for 1 child that we were led to believe that we were gonna adopt. After several months and a great deal of heartache that child was placed with a family member who should have never been approved to take her. In July we met the relative and have since developed a relationship with her, she has told us on several occassions that she want's to give us the baby but none of us trust the local DFCS office to place her with us. We were threatened early on with if we didn't back off and stop going up the chain of command in this case they would place her in an adoption pool and none of us would get to see her. So my question is this.... Since we were child specific and the relative wants us to have her does DFCS have an obligation to place her with us or can they actually place her somewhere else?

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
They can absolutely place her elsewhere if they consider that a more fitting placement.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">