• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

PA Education Major Underage Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gmann5003

I am a student at Penn State University majoring in Elementary Education. I am 20 years old and this weekend received an underage drinking citation. I did nothing disorderly, had 3 or 4 beers in me and was seen on my apartment video system with an open beer in my hand. THIS I know is illegal since I am under age but here at Penn State we are known to have a lot of drunk idiots doing dumb things. I was completely fine, doing nothing unruly but WAS caught and there is video evidence of me having an open beer in my hand.
I was given a breathilizer and blew a .10. What I did I knew was wrong but I have no other charges on me and was told by the cops I was being very respectful and going along with everything very well. NOW as an education major I might be screwed since I have this on my record. I have heard from other education majors who got underages that they got out of them and can still become teachers. Are there ways to get this expunged? Get around it?
I know what I did was wrong, I plan to learn from this and make myself better obviously since its not something I would normally do. I just passionately want to be a teacher and don't want one silly thing like this to ruin my potential life.

Please no posts saying I deserved this etc etc. I'm taking it hard enough as it is and just want some advice.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">