• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Rights regarding police entering house

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

RebbyZ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? N.H.

After police were called to our house after some guns were fired. A few hours later they busted into our house and drew guns on my husband. The cops earlier deemed everything OK after they talked to my husband, and the guns were already put away. They woke my husband up with 5 cops holding their guns at him. They cuffed him, and interogating him on his guns, which are all legal and his name is in the registry. What are our rights at this point, this seems outragous.

The Occultist

Your husband's rights (not yours, since your rights have clearly not been infringed upon), are to retain an attorney and be allowed to defend himself in court with whatever charges were brought against him. So, what charges were brought against him?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">