• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Isufficiant evidence/manipulated police reports

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Free-Man

Is it legal for a police sgt. to arrest somone for a traffic incident, not write traffic tickets or have any proof of trafffic stop, then call for emergency assistance and write a arrest report but not be one of the arresting officers on the report.the officer that came to my preliminary hearing testified that he was the first to go in the vehicle and he did not see a weapon in plain view and no weapons were recover from my person. I had license & insurance at the time of arrest.pre-lem hearing judge and trial judge will not dismiss case even with no proof of traffic stop.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

FlyingRon

You need a lawyer. You've left out a lot of relevant information. But lets put it straight:

1. If they stop you for a traffic violation and find something else, there's no need to write you up for the traffic violation. All they need is articulate probable cause for the validity of the original stop.

2. Who "arrests" you or "books you" is immaterial to who can testify in court.

3. The testimony of a police officer is all the "proof" that is needed in nearly all circumstances.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">