• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

living trust created in IN with property in FL - need quick advise

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lisainneed

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? IN

My grandfather made a revocable living trust that was notarized in Indiana. In the trust he had listed property in Florida. My mom is listed as the trustee and was to get the property in FL. It's been 7 yrs since my grandfather died and my parents are in Florida now trying to take care of the property so they can sell it. I don't think my grandfather changed the deeds on any of the property listed in the trust. They are getting conflicting advise on what they should do. The trust says it is governed by the laws in Indiana but the property is in Florida and we are confused. Please help!
Lisa in need

BlondiePB

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? IN

My grandfather made a revocable living trust that was notarized in Indiana. In the trust he had listed property in Florida. My mom is listed as the trustee and was to get the property in FL. It's been 7 yrs since my grandfather died and my parents are in Florida now trying to take care of the property so they can sell it. I don't think my grandfather changed the deeds on any of the property listed in the trust. They are getting conflicting advise on what they should do. The trust says it is governed by the laws in Indiana but the property is in Florida and we are confused. Please help!
Lisa in need
Property records are available on line. Check them in the county where the home is to learn if grandpa changed the deed. You can read about FL's probate statutes under Wills & Trusts at http://www.flsenate.gov/statutes[/url

tranquility

What is the answer? Get an attorney. Someone along the line screwed up. You can't fix this for free. Get an attorney.

No free fix. Get an attorney. You have a problem. Get an attorney. Can it be fixed? Maybe. Get an attorney.

What do *you* think you should do?

(Hint: It's been mentioned four times in this post.)

lisainneed

What is the answer? Get an attorney. Someone along the line screwed up. You can't fix this for free. Get an attorney.

No free fix. Get an attorney. You have a problem. Get an attorney. Can it be fixed? Maybe. Get an attorney.

Thanks for the advise. Don't you think we've tried this already? Attorneys are where we are getting our conflicting advise. One attorney that deals with probate in FL says that this is a trust and does not need to go through probate. Another one says that we need a lawyer from IN. One from IN says that since the property is in FL we need to have an attorney in FL.

seniorjudge

Thanks for the advise. Don't you think we've tried this already? Attorneys are where we are getting our conflicting advise. One attorney that deals with probate in FL says that this is a trust and does not need to go through probate. Another one says that we need a lawyer from IN. One from IN says that since the property is in FL we need to have an attorney in FL.
Real estate is governed by the law where it is.

Get a lawyer across the street from the courthouse where this property is.

seniorjudge

Or, to rephrase it another way using different words, "Get an attorney."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">