• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what to do now ?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

momto3girls

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Virginia

I posted a few weeks back about my husband being accused of sexual abuse on our daughters .. we contacted a family member about coming to get them . This woman that is my husbands aunt is certified through the state to care for foster children and has been doing such for 15 years ... when she talked with the social workers they told her that if she got custody of them that she would have to assume all medical bills for the counceling and all such equivelant .. We told the social worker when they took the kids that we had private medical insurance on the kids and they said that they had to put the kids on medicaid which we said was fine .. but now we r paying 400.00 dollars every 2 weeks for the kids private medical insurance that is not being used .....

over the past few weeks they have said that my husband and i have to go have a psychological and intelligence exam and background check if we ever want to get them back .. when they first told me of this they said that we would have to pay for this .. which would have been a total of 300.00 dollars so i called the doctors office trying to figure out how we were going to pay for this .. come to find out they ( social services ) made the appointments for us and with out regard to our work schedules .. i know that they want to make sure that we are in stable mind to take care of kids by doing a psychological exam but why do we have to take an intelligence exam to me that is just wrong to say that we may be 2 stupid to take care of them ..

Last night when we got home from work there was a big mannilla envelope our mailbox with no return address .. again this was from social services in it was some paper work that they want us to fill out and are charging us 10.00 each for the one form and they want us to get fingerprinted and have an FBI check done that will cost us another 5.00 each .. why in the world as the parents do we have to do this ? :mad:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">