• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Probation Violation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jleades77

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Wisconsin

First off, I hope I'm asking this question in the correct place.
My husband is on Child Support probation... He was in prison for 2 years for fighting. His parole after he left prison of 2 years for fighting and his child support probation started at the same time, 3 years ago. A year ago, his parole ended, and during that 2 years, he knew that he was on a "no drink". However, after the 2 years of his parole his Probation officer never told him the terms of just his Child Support Probation. He has paid every month for his child support since he's been released. However, she never mentioned to him that he still was on a "no drink". This past Saturday he was pulled over a mile from our house for a burned out headlight. When the cop could smell beer on his breath, he was made to do a breathalizer and blew a .035 which of course isn't even half the legal limit. Since he was on an absolute no drink, and didn't know it, he was put in Jail. Is it legal for her to keep him there without her going over the conditions and terms of his child support probation with him, he never even signed anything for the terms? She told me that "he should of just known". Because he can read minds, right? My question is, how long can she hold him, and what can possibly happen to him? I have 2 kids at home, and he always watched my kids so I could work the night shift. Now I'm in limbo with my job and I can't afford to live here on just my income. I just need some answers so that I know where I stand, and she doesn't return phone calls very well. Any answers would be appreciated!
Thanks!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">