• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

returning personal property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sandykay1959

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? kansas i was in a car that got pulled over for having stolen property in it they also found drugs in the car. they toook they other two to jail and when i asked why i didnt go they said they were doing me a favor, shortly after i was told by 3 people they were asked to come in and do a controlled buy on me so they were just trying to get me on something bigger. so if they cant can they come back over 8 months later and charge me with the same charges as the other two? and they took 1200 dollars from me and two phones, ive never been charged been 8 months a detective from another county said if they dont charge me they have to give my money back, is that true and how long do they have to do this, when can i go legally up there and ask for my property back? that was our income tax money and vacation money that we didnt get to go on this summer, its been 8 and a half months since this happened please help meWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? kansas

Last edited:

racer72

The SOL for being charged with a crime is one year. You will likely need a court order to get your stuff back. This means going to court and asking a judge. Do you have the receipt for the stuff they took?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">