• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I feel it wasn't right

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

succentto

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ok

My boyfriend was charged with throwing some pot on the ground when the police pulled up they arrested him. I pulled up on the scene in another vehicle to get my truck and it was park and locked. The police told me I couldn't move it . I asked why they said cause it was at a crime secene. So I left and my boyfriend went to jail he went to trail his case and I was going with him for moral support and six month in his trail they charge me with poss. of marj.
Can they search my vechile with out my prmission and no search?

Can they charge me when the courts know I wasn't there when they pulled up?

From the short summary do you think i should try and appeal it?

FlyingRon

If your boyfriend was in the truck, yes they can do that.
Yes they can charge you.
Appeal? Have you been to trial on this yet?
A lawyer would be helpful to you.

CdwJava

Well, if he said that the pot was not his - or that it was yours - they can charge you. Whether they have a strong enough case to take to trial or achieve a guilty verdict is another question.

Consult legal counsel.

- Carl

PMC the 1st

Well, if he said that the pot was not his - or that it was yours - they can charge you. Whether they have a strong enough case to take to trial or achieve a guilty verdict is another question.

Consult legal counsel.

- Carl
Correct answer. Even though your truck was parked elsewhere and generally away from the "crime scene" (your boyfriend's person, the vehicle he rode in, and any area that trails the vehicle), your boyfriend, if he implicated you in his story, effectively brings you and your vehicle into the criminal procedure.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">