• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Adult male vs Minor female assault at McDonald's

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Benett8

CALIFORNIA- I was bombarded with the news this morning about an adult man socker punching a female minor several times.I was wondering what charges can the female minor charge against him and if so, will it be a heavy sentence on the adult man incase she wins,although from the video,it looks like the minor provoked him???Just a thought.

CdwJava

CALIFORNIA- I was bombarded with the news this morning about an adult man socker punching a female minor several times.I was wondering what charges can the female minor charge against him and if so, will it be a heavy sentence on the adult man incase she wins,although from the video,it looks like the minor provoked him???Just a thought.
The man can be charged with misdemeanor battery (PC 242) for punching her. If there was serious injury that required medical attention, or she lapsed into unconsciousness, he can be charged with a felony. Her age is not really relevant to the issue unless he was in a position of trust over the minor.

It is also possible that the nature of the assault could result in felony charges, but that would require she be on the ground and getting whacked as he head bounced off the floor or something similar.

- Carl

CourtClerk

Actually, the man began arguing with the little girl about who was next in line. If you CAREFULLY watch the video, the girl did NOTHING to provoke him, except maybe (which you can't tell from watching the video) run her mouth. She did not approach him, she did not raise her hands toward him, NOTHING. Even still, who gets into an argument at McDonalds over a hamburger, and who resorts to punching a girl over the position in the line when there was only 1 person in front of them.

What shocks me even more is that no one in the store did ANYTHING to help that girl as he was beating her.

CdwJava

Actually, the man began arguing with the little girl about who was next in line. If you CAREFULLY watch the video, the girl did NOTHING to provoke him, except maybe (which you can't tell from watching the video) run her mouth. She did not approach him, she did not raise her hands toward him, NOTHING. Even still, who gets into an argument at McDonalds over a hamburger, and who resorts to punching a girl over the position in the line when there was only 1 person in front of them.

What shocks me even more is that no one in the store did ANYTHING to help that girl as he was beating her.
Must have been a southern Cal. thing - I haven't heard of it here.

But, even if she DID run her mouth, it would not be a defense to the battery. Though our DA here has made some very controversial decisions recently which pretty much say that if you flip someone off you give the green light to a thumpin' ... we cops don't understand that, but he decided three cases that way inside of a week!!

Any idea what they are charging the guy with?

- Carl

CourtClerk

Must have been a southern Cal. thing - I haven't heard of it here.
Actually, it did happen in Los Angeles.
But, even if she DID run her mouth, it would not be a defense to the battery.
I completely agree. I was responding to the OP's assertions that the girl provoked the man.
Any idea what they are charging the guy with?

- Carl
Due to the great upstanding citizens in the aforementioned McDonalds, where there were even several MEN... he got away.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

CdwJava

I finally saw the video and the police spokesperson. I am not sure whether the video came to light and then the police got involved, or whether the teen reported it in the first place. Apparently it happened two weeks ago (or longer). I suspect that had it not been for the video, the police would not be expending a whole lot of effort in a misdemeanor battery case. I suspect that the likely penalty might be a fine and informal probation, unless the attacker has a prior record (and with that temper, he might).

- Carl

CourtClerk

I really think that maybe some McDonald's employee called the police after the incident. Short of that, everything else you said was probably correct.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Why? Dude in Canada was stabbed and had his head hacked off on a bus, and the only thing anyone did was get off the bus.

Last edited:

CourtClerk

Less than a year ago. Made big news. Guy just went nuts on the bus and cut off the man's head. I believe the victim was even sleeping at the time.

CdwJava

Wow!

Well, I don't know what you might expect a bus full of unarmed people to do against a madman slashing a guy to death. Two men and the driver DID re-board the bus after apparently arming themselves with a crowbar and then they barred the door and disabled the bus at great risk to themselves to prevent the killer's escape.

I am surprised I never heard of this story - it's only a couple months old!

Thanks for the link.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">