• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Case Status Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Calico_Blaze

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? FL

I was given a NTA for simple battery - which I did 9/16 and pled NG. Given a Cs Dispo for 9/26 - was offered no jail time if I agreed to a No Jury Trial. Declined and asked for a jury trail, waived speedy trial, and filed notice of discovery same day. Was given a Calendar Call date of Nov 7, 08 during the Cs Dispo. Received yesterday (9/30) in the mail a notice of hearing for 10/06/08 - five days before the 15 day time limit for notice of discovery. I specifically requested the 3 "completed sworn witness statements" referenced in the police report.

I am guessing they actually read the police report and are going to drop the charges? I have 6 witnesses that are not in the police report that will support my defense, both the judge and SA are aware. There is no statement from me about what happened. The judge was very nice to me and walked me thru the notice of discovery - gave me paper, told me what to say, where to file, make copies and serve the SA which I did.

Is it usual to call a status hearing the next day? The Cs Dispo was Friday (9/26) and they mailed the hearing notice the following Monday (9/29) for a hearing the following Monday (10/6).

Please advise - Thank youWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">