• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

4th amendment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tillytom

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Virginia
I had 5 game wardens at my door.. one was beating on the side of the house yelling in the window..come to the door.. I go to the door..he says I have a search warrent open the door. . I said for what? what do you want? he said open the door, I said for what? he said search warrent..I said I am not the owner of the house..he said open the door I said what do you want? he said I have a search warrent and pulled the clip board against his body and walked away from the door. So, I shut the door..they ran around the house and barged in the back door. 40 minutes later after being well into searching the house he gave me the warrent. Does he have to show the warrent or tell what it is about?

Last edited:

CdwJava

I had 5 game wardens at my door.. one was beating on the side of the house yelling in the window..come to the door.. I go to the door..he says I have a search warrent open the door. . I said for what? what do you want? he said open the door, I said for what? he said search warrent..I said I am not the owner of the house..he said open the door I said what do you want? he said I have a search warrent and pulled the clip board against his body and walked away from the door. So, I shut the door..they ran around the house and barged in the back door. 40 minutes later after being well into searching the house he gave me the warrent. Is this legal?
Yep - legal.

If they had a search warrant, they had a lawful right to force entry.

As a matter of fact, you could probably have been arrested for obstruction (or resisting, or delaying, or whatever your state allows for your actions).

- Carl

seniorjudge

Yep - legal.

If they had a search warrant, they had a lawful right to force entry.

As a matter of fact, you could probably have been arrested for obstruction (or resisting, or delaying, or whatever your state allows for your actions).

- Carl
I agree.

And add that ownership of the place is (usually) irrelevant; possession is relevant.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">