• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

MIP probation violation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JDguy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Michigan

I received an MIP last year and went on the diversion program for it to get it wiped off my record. This included fines, community service, and a year of probation to be completed for the program. I payed the fines, did the service, and served 5 months probation already but just got another MIP. I know my differal status will be gone and both MIPs will be enforced, but what will most likely happen with the probation violation?

quincy

With your probation violation, the court may now enter an adjudication of guilt on your first MIP, you will have your driver's license suspended, you face 30 days in jail, additional fines, additional random or regular drug and alcohol testing, and you are ineligible for any more deferred sentences. And you must go to court for your second MIP.

If you are under 18, your parents will be notified.

The two MIPs on your record will have to be reported on college and job applications. You will not be able to travel to Canada and other travel restrictions may exist.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">