• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Limited POA. How safe?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

s5e347p6

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? VA

We are researching getting an ID theft policy (procactively).
One policy offers ID theft "restoration"-they do the leg work. To do this they require an agent be given "limited POA" if an incident occurs.

Another policy does not require limited POA. However, they offer only ID theft "resolution" which means they assist you if an incident occurs.

How safe is it to establish a "limited POA"?
Any potential legal (or other) pitfalls with a "limited POA"?

If we did establish this policy, I imagine we might have our own attorney review the "limited POA" forms.

TrustUser

many poas are limited. maybe even most of them.

the main question is "limited to what ?"

if you can determine what sorts of actions the poa can take, then you can ascertain for yourself if you feel comfortable with that. so be point blank - ask them what the poa can do.

and absolutely take the document to someone who is familiar with them, so that you can get an opinion from an informed person.

personally, i would be very hesitant to give a limited poa to anyone that i did not know.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">