• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Probation violation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

k_semler

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Washington State

Back on 15 May 2008, I pled guilty to a charge of DUI. I was sentenced to 72 hours in jail, with 24 of them waived if I did community service. Also 1 year of supervised probation and a rather hefty set of fines adding up to over $1800. Also an alcohol evaluation and completion of the program. I was also placed under an ignition interlock endorsement on my license for the period of 1 calendar year after re-issue, (state law). My license was suspended for 90 days, (once again, state law).

Anyhow, I have fully complied with the probation order, (don't drink, submit to random UAs, serve time, complete community service, pay $150/mo in fines, submit compliance sheet to PO on monthly basis). However, on Tuesday 23 September 2008, I got issued a citation for DWLS in the 3rd degree, and failing to have an ignition interlock device installed in my vehicle. I have since remedied the situation regarding the ignition interlock device, (it was installed on Friday 26 September 2008), and completed the A/DIS class, (Friday 3 October 2008 - Saturday 4 October 2008). I am now waiting on Olympia to process the paperwork necessary for my license to get re-issued. I was eligible for re-issue on 16 September 2008, according to WA DOL.

Anyhow, my arraignment for the DWLS3 and failure to have an ignition interlock device installed is on Tuesday 14 October 2008, and a probation hearing will also be done at that time. Upon the issuance of the citation on the date of infraction, I was not detained, and my vehicle was not towed. I contacted my PO within 42 minutes of the citation being issued. I was carrying valid SR22 insurance on my vehicle at the time, and forwarded this information to my PO when he requested my insurance cards. The PO stated that he will not push for jail time.

What can I expect as a consequence to the DWLS3/failure to have a breath interlock device installed? Other than this incident, I have fully complied with the terms of probation; will this help my case?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">