• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

The punishment does not fit the crime

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FussyFooey

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? WV
My dad was sentenced to no less than 22 years and no more than 50 years for a total of 4 counts sexual assault. He plead guilty and the case did not go to trial. The victim grossly exaggerated the circumstances and flat out lied about many of the circumstances. Thus, resulting in an extremely long sentence. Yes, a 50 year old man had sexual relations with a 15 year old and he was cooperative with the police and honest. He was charged with only 4 counts though the victim claimed there were close to 300 relations. These charges took place between her 15th and 16th birthday, meaning they had relations nearly everyday, which is a lie. I graduated from college on her 15th birthday and lived at home for 5 1/2 months before I found a job and moved out. I was not given an opportunity to give my version of the relationship due to poor counsel. The victim claimed to be frightened of my dad, yet she came to our house regularly without invitation. We told her to call her mom and tell her when she was going to be home as a subtle way of giving her a time to be gone. In my opinion she was seeking attention from her neglectful mother. I have been trained to recognize child abuse and there was certainly abuse, but it was from her mother. She was neglectful and emotionally abusive. This led her to being seductive to all men, not just my dad. Now she is filing sexual assault charges against another man. My dad made many mistakes but does not deserve 22 years in prison. It is essentially a death sentence as he is in poor health. Is there a way to file early parole? This is unfortunately considered a violent crime. We really need help.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

JETX

Is there a way to file early parole?
First, you need to quit making excuses for his conduct.
Second, you need to recognize the seriousness of his conduct.
Third, you need to recognize that less than 6 years (as a minimum) for each count is very lenient.

The WV Code website is currently down so I can not determine what the full range of punishment COULD have been.

My dad made many mistakes but does not deserve 22 years in prison.
Curious.... what punishment would YOU feel appropriate for between 4 and 300 cases of juvenile rape and/or pedophilia??

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
My dad was sentenced to no less than 22 years and no more than 50 years for a total of 4 counts sexual assault. He plead guilty and the case did not go to trial. The victim grossly exaggerated the circumstances and flat out lied about many of the circumstances. Thus, resulting in an extremely long sentence. Yes, a 50 year old man had sexual relations with a 15 year old and he was cooperative with the police and honest. He was charged with only 4 counts though the victim claimed there were close to 300 relations. These charges took place between her 15th and 16th birthday, meaning they had relations nearly everyday, which is a lie. I graduated from college on her 15th birthday and lived at home for 5 1/2 months before I found a job and moved out. I was not given an opportunity to give my version of the relationship due to poor counsel. The victim claimed to be frightened of my dad, yet she came to our house regularly without invitation. We told her to call her mom and tell her when she was going to be home as a subtle way of giving her a time to be gone. In my opinion she was seeking attention from her neglectful mother. I have been trained to recognize child abuse and there was certainly abuse, but it was from her mother. She was neglectful and emotionally abusive. This led her to being seductive to all men, not just my dad. Now she is filing sexual assault charges against another man. My dad made many mistakes but does not deserve 22 years in prison. It is essentially a death sentence as he is in poor health. Is there a way to file early parole? This is unfortunately considered a violent crime. We really need help.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Good LORD! I found your post repulsive...but when I got to the highlighted part, it blew my mind. The girls is FIFTEEN. Your dad is a FIFTY year old man! I seriously hope that, instead of working with anybody who may need to benefit of your "training", you work somewhere your judgment can never affect another human being...

Antigone*

YOU really do need help. It is sick and repulsive to minimize your father's behavior!! :mad: He is exactly where he deserves to be!!!

FussyFooey

Get a freakin' grip .

My dad is not a sexual predator like this "victim" claimed he was. I tried to make that clear in the original post. She lied. He did have relations with her, but not 300 times. He is a victim of childhood abuse and has post traumatic stress disorder (this was diagnosed by a psychologist). His decision making skills are not the same as yours. It's a disability not a character flaw. Where was this whore's mother when she was at his house? The whore came over on her own without our invitation. HOw scared can she be? He will get out of prison and this whore will have to suck it up. She is accusing another man of the same crime. She is a LIAR. Oh, and I'm a teacher so I know what sexual assault does to a child and she was not abused by my father. She seduced him. I saw her seduce other men too. She is neglected by her mother. Her father is an alcoholic, illegal alien who fled the United States after hitting a pedestrian with his car when he was drunk. He hit and run. For all of you who think ill of my father...he is a good man who raised two healthy children. I have a healthy marriage and my brother is in pharmacy school...we are well adjusted and ready for the world so watch out. :D I need legal help, not psychological help.

Last edited by a moderator:

seniorjudge

He did have relations with her, but not 300 times.
That makes him a sexual predator.

His decision making skills are not the same as yours. It's a disability not a character flaw.
Oh, please.
Where was this whore's mother when she was at his house? The whore came over on her own without our invitation. HOw scared can she be? He will get out of prison and this whore will have to suck it up. She is accusing another man of the same crime. She is a LIAR. Oh, and I'm a teacher so I know what sexual assault does to a child and she was not abused by my father. She seduced him. I saw her seduce other men too. She is neglected by her mother. Her father is an alcoholic, illegal alien who fled the United States after hitting a pedestrian with his car when he was drunk. He hit and run. For all of you who think ill of my father...he is a good man who raised two healthy children. I have a healthy marriage and my brother is in pharmacy school...we are well adjusted and ready for the world so watch out. :D I need legal help, not psychological help.
No...you need psychological and moral help.

My dad is not a sexual predator like this "victim" claimed he was. I tried to make that clear in the original post. She lied. He did have relations with her, but not 300 times. He is a victim of childhood abuse and has post traumatic stress disorder (this was diagnosed by a psychologist). His decision making skills are not the same as yours. It's a disability not a character flaw. Where was this whore's mother when she was at his house? The whore came over on her own without our invitation. HOw scared can she be? He will get out of prison and this whore will have to suck it up. She is accusing another man of the same crime. She is a LIAR. Oh, and I'm a teacher so I know what sexual assault does to a child and she was not abused by my father. She seduced him. I saw her seduce other men too. She is neglected by her mother. Her father is an alcoholic, illegal alien who fled the United States after hitting a pedestrian with his car when he was drunk. He hit and run. For all of you who think ill of my father...he is a good man who raised two healthy children. I have a healthy marriage and my brother is in pharmacy school...we are well adjusted and ready for the world so watch out. :D I need legal help, not psychological help.
You need to get a grip. Your father has not raised two well adjusted children. I can not speak on the character of your brother but yours seems to be lacking any tact or class. Your statement is full of rationalizations that allow this behavior by your father. If you watched this behavior take place you should have been charged with a crime as well.

In the legal system, it is impossible for a minor to ever seduce an adult in any situation. The psychologists should have also explained that childhood abuse and PTSD do not effect an individuals ability to decipher right from wrong. Being a victim of abuse does not give your father the right to abuse a girl now. Whether he raped this girl one time or three hundred times, yes it was rape, he is still guilty of sexual assault.

The other statements you made about her family back up our opinion that your father is a sexual predator. Predators most often seek out troubled and neglected minors because they crave the approval from an adult.

Last edited by a moderator:

FussyFooey

It seems that the legal advisors on this website are only interested in putting me down. Nobody has answered my questions. Instead of telling me that my dad deserves life without parole, why can't you just not reply? Why not say, "there's nothing he can do"? This just tells me that you all are not who you say you are. Why would a judge or a real lawyer mess around with a free website? You don't have real law experience or clients.

racer72

It seems that the legal advisors on this website are only interested in putting me down. Nobody has answered my questions. Instead of telling me that my dad deserves life without parole, why can't you just not reply? Why not say, "there's nothing he can do"? This just tells me that you all are not who you say you are. Why would a judge or a real lawyer mess around with a free website? You don't have real law experience or clients.
Then why are you wasting your time here? Go hire your father a "real" attorney. I am sure you will find one that will gladly take your money then come back and say there is nothing he can do. If your daddy was as innocent as you claim he would not have accepted a plea bargain and the resultant sentence. And for an FYI, 2 real attorneys did reply to your above posts.

Humusluvr

Since he plead guilty to the charges, he admitted that it DID happen exactly as presented. Therefore - he was charged due to his guilt.

All the other things you said were accusations and excuses, but they aren't going to change the outcome. You are correct - it is basically a death sentence.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
And, as a mandated reporter who failed to report child abuse, the OP should be in jail too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">