• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Revoked License in Florida

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dira0206

I'm hoping someone can give me some answers. My brother left NJ because he had 2 warrants for driving with a suspended license due to multiple DUI's - he lost his license for life and got huge fines which he hasn't paid. He drove from NJ to Florida and received 2 more warrants for driving on a revoked license - one in Miami and one in Tampa.

With the 2 arrests in Florida he was arrested, posted bail and had been on the run until recently he was arrested and sentenced for carrying a concealed weapon (Large knife) in Tampa airport. He was sentence on 10/2 and will be released on 10/26.

Tomorrow, 10/7 he will be arraigned on the revoked license charge (I spoke to the court and they said it is considered a felony).

I have a couple of questions:

1) What is the penatly for the felony (revoked license due to DUI - habitual offender) in Florida?

2) If he pleads not guily tomorrow will they release him on 10/26 and "expect" him to show up for his court date on the revoked license charge?

3) If they don't allow him to be released and sentence him to time in jail will they "extradite" him to NJ once he has done his time?

4) What penalty will NJ apply to him since he left the state to avoid jail time?

Sorry for the multiple questions...am just hoping someone can shed some light on this whole nightmare.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Antigone*

Just in case your brother is thinking about moving to California, please tell him that California has horrible weather, very ugly women and the most horrible bland food you've ever tasted.

We have enough meatheads here and don't want any more.

outonbail

There's way too much law breaking going on with your brother for anyone to guess what he might be facing. There's no doubt he's going to be locked up, it's just for how long at this point.
With his history of running from his legal responsibilities, I seriously doubt Florida will release him without making him post a considerable bail amount.

There is no telling what NJ will do as far as extraditing him. It depends how busy they are.

But until your brother resolves all his legal issues and starts obeying the law, his life will be spent visiting one jail after another. He needs to make some major changes, starting with cleaning himself up and staying away from drugs and alcohol.

Only someone with very a clouded thought process would conduct themselves in the way you have described your brother's actions.

Scary thing is, these are only the things he's been caught for,,,,,,

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">