• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

stung in a sting

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

anitascrunchyka

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? alaska I was employed by Safeway corporation working at a small mercantile in Girdwood alaska. A state sting operation was conducted by an underage operative sent to the store to purchase alcohol. I requested the ID and was experiencing problems with my contact lenses and had very poor vision that day (I have retinacular degeneration). A military ID was presented and I thought I saw a date of birth of 1987, and a Smirnoff Ice was obtained by the operative. The operative had back up come in and I was charged and summons to appear was issued for providing alcohol to a person under 21. 2 days later I was fired. This is my first offense. Do I need an attorney?

doubt it

you got a uphill case, and would the cost of attorney really be worth it considering you were only making convenience store wages? just get another different job.

EDIT: sorry, i thought the court case went away the first time I read it. yes get an attorney if it is still pending. I thought you wanted an attorney to get your job back being a convenience store worker. and, no, not getting an attorney to do that is not bad advice. sorry for the mix-up.

Last edited:
Why did you close your first thread about this? And FYI, fakeworest's advice is horrible. Have a consultation with an attorney NOW.

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? alaska I was employed by Safeway corporation working at a small mercantile in Girdwood alaska. A state sting operation was conducted by an underage operative sent to the store to purchase alcohol. I requested the ID and was experiencing problems with my contact lenses and had very poor vision that day (I have retinacular degeneration). A military ID was presented and I thought I saw a date of birth of 1987, and a Smirnoff Ice was obtained by the operative. The operative had back up come in and I was charged and summons to appear was issued for providing alcohol to a person under 21. 2 days later I was fired. This is my first offense. Do I need an attorney?
**A: no you need a better eye doctor.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">