• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

re: summons

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

fieryraven

i checked my mail monday feb 19th, there was a summons. the enclosed paperwork is dated feb 12th, and postmark carries the same date. the court date was for the 15th but i missed it coz they barely left any time for it to be delivered.i live in ohio what should i do with this i wanted to try to get some idea before to much time passed. the summons states ordinace #545.09. does anyone have any idea how to handle it now. i would have gladly went to court had i known. is there a required amount of time they should have given me 3 days from the day it was drawn up seems a bit wrong. please help i am a single parent, my daughters father has died i truly do not want to go to jail over not being given any time to know about this. any help would be appreciated. thanks in advance

S

sgt.lou

CALL

HI;
I DONT THINK THEY WANT TO THROW YOU IN JAIL FOR A SUMMONS. IF THEY DID, THEY WOULD OF COME TO YOUR HOME. CALL THE COURT CLERK FIRST THING IN THE MORNING. EXPLAIN THE SITUATION TO THEM. THEY WILL MOST LIKELY GIVE YOU A NEW COURT DATE IF YOU WISH TO PLEAD NOT GUILTY. IF YOU PLEAD GUILTY THEY WOULD SIMPLY TELL YOU TO SEND IN THE FINE. HOPE THIS HELPED.
SGT. LOU

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">