• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Court Tomorrow Petit Larceny

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

FF2155

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New York

I am so nervous, my court date is tomorrow evening for taking a bunch of kids outfits at Sears....I have been sick to my stomach all month long, I will never ever put myself in this situation again, it was NOT worth it!! I have 4 beautiful girls to raise and I'm so scared I won't come home to see them tomorrow.

My question is, the security stated they have seen me 3 other times before taking things but they didn't stop me for whatever reason. Can those other times be brought against me at court also? Or just when I was stopped?

I don't even know what to expect, I know I'm guilty but I have a lot of questions that I would like to ask an attorney about charges and future employment and education plans (I want to open my home daycare), but I can't afford one right now.....so do I just plea guilty right there tomorrow and will they give me the opportunity to speak to a public attorney? Will the outcome be decided in one court date or would I have to go back? I have never been through this before.

You probably should have gotten a consulation by now, but since you didn't generally at this point you plead not guilty and ask for a public defender if you can't afford one. You can always change your plea later if you do this, but can't if you plead guilty or no contest.

It is always possible that they will give you a sentence option at the time of plea in which case you'll know what your plea will get you. It is likely to be fines and probation and a class of some sort, all of which will come at some expense.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">