• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Warrant soon to be issued

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? FLORIDA

I am a 5 time DWLS offender in a 3 year period. I have luckily avoided jail time and 5 year suspension of license. I was recently placed into a diversion program for dwls, which i completed, and then followed up with three months monitored probation, and now 6 un monitored probation. At my last court appearance, the judge informed me that i would have to keep my license active, avoid new charges. etc. She brought to my attention that there was a pending suspension on my record for speeding, and informed me to take care of it right away. I pulled up my info online, and it was for failure to complete required class. I took classs before suspension was to take place, and went to DMV, to show proof, but the DMV informed me that it was too late. The ticket was from last year. So because of that, my license was suspended which revoked my probation, and which would then cause a warrant for my arrest to be issued. I 've tried to contact my PO for assistance many times, but no luck.
How can I fix the situation and avoid jail time? Can I somehow get a judge to accept my proof of taking the course, have my probation and license reinstated? What steps should I take? Much help is needed. Myself nor my family can afford that I miss one day of work.

And if possible can I please get a close to professional opinion if not professional, and avoid the slick remarks that are frequently seen. I know the situation is my fault, but it's not what I want to hear. Help is what I want

outonbail

Damn, and I had the slickest of remarks to post,,,,,, oh well,,,

You need to get a hold of your PO. Call every hour. If that doesn't work, call every half hour. If that doesn't work, go to their office in person and camp out by their office.

You PO's words will carry a lot of weight with the judge and the judge will not want to hear, "I've tried to contact my PO for assistance many times, but no luck."

You haven't tried hard enough!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">