• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

i was suppenda just now

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

crackers

Michigan

i was just suppenda to show up for my son who assualted me. The court time is tomorrow at 8am, 12 hours from now. I do not drive and have no way to get there.

My question is(and i did not answer the door) will i be in trouble if i don't show?

I actually never go out the front door anyway and would not have even seen it until i got the mail late tomorrow.

They don't have to "touch" you like they do on TV. If they watched from a distance, they know you got it.

If you didn't answer, they could assume that you're not home yet, and unless you're out of town you came home sometime. Just saying, it's risky.

garrula lingua

Call them tomorrow morning and ask them to send a police/municipal car for you.
There is usually a 'Dial-a ride' bus in most areas.

The Judge can issue a body attachment (bench warrant) if you don't comply with a subpoena (though it has to be served properly).

Just call them and tell them whether you're coming and why. They can probably continue the case if you have trouble with transportation.

If the truth is that you don't want to cooperate in prosecuting your child for assaulting you, then don't call the cops next time he does it. The only way he'll get help for his anger management is if he has consequences for his actions. You're simply enabling him to be a bad person by not stepping forward and stopping him.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">