• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

staying incogneto and obtaining divorce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

j3157

My three children and myself were removed from the home by the Sherriffs department and placed in an out of town shelter. I was appointed an attorney, he insists I come back to town for a deposition. He told me my husband would not know anything about this deposition or that I would be back in town. I had no means of transportation to the deposition, called my attorney and advised. My husband called my mother that day and told her I had failed to show up for the deposition, how did he find out when I was going to be there? He would have followed me back to the shelter out of town. My lawyer will not return my phone calls, I am very frightened for the children's safety as well as my own. How can I get another lawyer appointed? This one does not seem to realize how dangerous this situation is. I called the Sheriffs office and the detective said under no circumstances could or should I return to town. What do I do?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">