• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dating

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

flower828

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

Hello,

I have a question regarding dating between an 18yo and a 16yo**************no sexual contact, both very responsible young people.

I'd like to know if my son (18yo) is able to date the 16yo without any reciprocation from the law. Her parents are consenting to it, (i.e. going to the movies, mall, and the occasional school dance). The law discusses the consequences if the relationship turns sexual, but is there anything in the law that discusses just dating? I would appreciate any advice you'd like to share.

Thank you

CdwJava

Dating is perfectly legal. As long as there is no fondling, groping, or penetration of ANY kind by ANY part of the body or a foreign object, then dating is just fine and dandy so long as you are not encouraging her to be out of her parents' control or to do anything unlawful.

- Carl

synister

I'm an 18 year old in a similar situation as your son. I'm interested to know what physical activities are allowed for an "adult" and a consenting minor (i.e., holding, kissing, etc.).

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Only those the guardians of the child believe are appropriate and only if the child can actually CONSENT LEGALLY and is not just agreeing.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">