• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Parking in the blue hash(hatch)marks

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

im2nr2trn

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Virginia

How can I find the code that states it is illegal to partialy park in the blue hash marks? The only handicapped with van access parking spot in the lot had a car next to the spot that was partialy (half of a tire) in the blue hash marks. I wasn't sure if I had enough room, but it was the only spot I could safely get my 6 year old out on. It turned out that he didn't have enough room and he scraped her car with his wheelchair. I thought paying half of the cost was fair, but the lady didn't agree and we are going to court. I need proof that it is illegal to park there, and I'm not finding it.
Thanks in advance,
Terri

The Occultist

Unfortunately, I don't think you will win this case. Yes, it was illegal for her to park there, but that doesn't somehow grant you legal immunity as far as property damage goes.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">