• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

original statement to police or the one in court?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

monalkt

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? OHIO
I am very worried about my upcoming trail on the 13th so I have been doing some digging and I have some questions. I would ask my lawyer but he wont or cant return my calls. so here they are But first Ill give you what I'm charged with
assault
criminal damaging
telephone harassment
aggravated menacing

the original police report on the assault and criminal damaging states that one known male and an unknown female jumped this lady and beat her car as well as herself up 7 months later in court she detailed how it all happened and it is in no way even close to what the police put in his report ( She was under oath in a court room for a protection order) and she stated that she knew me as well as the man that was there that I had been with her the night before and we went out together and that the night in question we called her down to a park and I beat her and another female and myself damaged her car the male just watched. In the police report she stated that one known male and an unknown female confronted her at this park and they both began beating her and then the two of them damaged her car

on the other charges she has changed the dates 2 times and in court accused me of what she had charged against another person.

will the judge listen to what she says now or what the officer put in his report?
can I bring in evidence and witness to show she has a history of filing charges whenever she gets mad? will her being pregnant make people feel sorry for her?
and can I use the CD I got from the another court hearing as evidence that she lied on stand under oath and to the police?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?ohio

I think I should add this in I do not know her I met her once in Nov she was dating my ex husband at the time of the alleged crime 7 months later after they broke up and he denied fathering her unborn child she went to the prosecutors office and charges were filed, she dislikes me only because my ex told her he still wanted to be with me.

Last edited:

CdwJava

The report is not evidence. The various attorneys can use the contradictions between their testimony and what they told the police to poke holes in the testimony, but the report is NOT going to be admitted in an evidence so unless it is brought up at trial, the judge - and more importantly, the jury - will not be able to consider the report.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">