• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

probation transfer confusion

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

atxdad

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

So I have a question maybe someone can answer. My probation officer granted a transfer to California, and sent in a packet in August. This last time I went to see him, he informed me that "he put in the necessary paperwork" which we're sure is a motion to revoke. We hired a lawyer they insured a warrant would not be issued as the court probation officer wanted to discuss it further because it is a technical violation. In my conditions of probation it states I am not to be seen by my exwife. What happened was she decided to move 6 hours away or no reason (seriously) so I had my wife tell her we would be taking it to court so she would have to make up the transportation for visitation. She told her that if we did so she would call my probation officer and say we HAVE seen each other (which IS true unfortunately) and basically have my probation revoked. We saw each other 8 months ago, i offered her $3000 to take care of some arrears, no threats or anything were made it was civil, and she does admit that. Anyway, I was contacted today by a probation officer in California and was approved for the transfer. I told her the situation and she said that it shouldn't matter anymore since I'm in her caseload now. My lawyer also said that it is possible that they would basically shake their finger at me tell me that I can't do it again and go to California as it would put distance in between us and eliminate this problem from ever happening again. Also, I've been on probation for about 14 months already, I finished all the classes and courses required of me within the first three months, and half my community service and I've had clean UA's every time, never missed an appointment. Is this true that technically I am her probationer and does it give me a better chance of moving without the revocation going through? By the way, the reason for transfer is because I was given a job as a federal firefighter on an army base, a great job and I'm supposed to start October 14.

icywings11

How long did it take you to get the transfer approved? I am in Texas now and need to move to Cali. I am trying to figure out the best way to do it. I have no family there so my wife and daughters would have to move there first I guess. I am trying to make this all work but just don't know how long it will realistically take. Any thoughts would be great!!! THANK YOU

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">