• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Received Ticket in Mail but it has wrong info

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

digunder

I received a ticket in the mail saying that I did not pay a toll (even though I did) on the Garden State Parkway in New Jersey and that I would have to pay a 55 dollar fine. The ticket was written out of the Bloomfield municipality but here is the kicker. When they wrote out the ticket, the license plate number on the ticket is incorrect. My license plate starts with an 'S' but on the ticket they listed it as starting with a 'J'. They also messed up one other digit that was supposed to be a 7 and they wrote it as a 2. I understand that they had enough information to send the ticket to my house but am i still responsible for the ticket even though it has these errors on it.

Thanks

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
If those errors were actually in the system, you wouldn't have received the ticket...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">