• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wrongful search

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tru504

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? North Carolina

We believe this new sheriff down here in sanford, nc has been using is authority powers to
get wrongful search warrants to search suspected drug dealers and coming into there homes and trying to find something. About a week and 1/2 ago he had his "boys" run in my grandmother's home, she is like 70 yrs old, they throw a bomb in her yard, and tried to kick her front door down, until she was able to answer it, and then come in the house with all their guns drown in my grandmother's face, she was so scared that is pissed on herself. Now the suspicious thing about this situation is what they had on the warrant. I would post it word by word, but my lawyer has the original copy. But here's a summary.

They said that a CI that has been working for them for the last 6 months and they say this CI is trust worthy, seen me inside my grandmother's house with marijuana and a power substance. Now, its like 10 other people who homes they done invaded over the past year, thats has this same statement on their search warrants say the same thing. But they didn't find anything in any of these homes. Yes they have issued search warrants like this on other people,and found drugs & guns. But they way he is getting his search warrants have to be unconstitutional. And on all this search warrants, it has they same judge name that signed the warrant, like they might be buddies. From my understanding, i thought that a CI had to buy something from someone as prove, not just assume someone has something in there home. And on my warrant they said that someone called his office and told him that they seen me inside my grandmothers house with drugs. I just need some advice and can anyone let me know of a good lawyer would can handle a case like this, Lawyers in this little town are scared to take it on with law enforcement offices here because they all know each other.

Another note, the 10 of us are all African-American - and Nothing was found in our homes, we were just targets!!!!! :mad:
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? North Carolina

tranquility

Warrants are pretty powerful things. If there are lies or intentional mistruths in the afidavit to obtain a warrant, the warrant can be attacked. If you suspect the government is abusing the obtaining of warrants, there is not really anything a person can do directly. It would have to be started by an attorney and taken up by a high-profile and fairly rich organization. This would be fighting the government directly and suspicions are not enough.

Let your attorney handle things. If he approves, you can start trying to get publicity for the "problem".

xylene

Your allegations are probably true, but are likely to be unprovable, and even if provable would be ignored or run roughshod over by drug warrior apologist, like many of the law enforcement professionals on this board.

My best advice would be to move out of the racist, hick, redneck state of NC.

It is beyond me why an African American would ever voluntarily live in a former Confederate state.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">