• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I get into trouble for having sex with my boyfriend?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CharBaby

Indiana

I live in Indiana and I am a 19 year old female my boyfriend is 15. I be 20 a month before he turns 16. I am worried that I can get into trouble for having sex with him. His parents like me and know my age but I am worried about other people causing problems what is the law in Indiana and can I get into trouble now or anytime after I turn 20 and he turns 16 please help!!:confused:

Neal1421

Indiana

I live in Indiana and I am a 19 year old female my boyfriend is 15. I be 20 a month before he turns 16. I am worried that I can get into trouble for having sex with him. His parents like me and know my age but I am worried about other people causing problems what is the law in Indiana and can I get into trouble now or anytime after I turn 20 and he turns 16 please help!!:confused:
Yes, you can get into trouble! It is a felony.

IC 35-42-4-9
Sexual misconduct with a minor
Sec. 9. (a) A person at least eighteen (18) years of age who, with a child at least fourteen (14) years of age but less than sixteen (16) years of age, performs or submits to sexual intercourse or deviate sexual conduct commits sexual misconduct with a minor, a Class C felony.

Stay away from the child.

seniorjudge

Indiana

This is child molestation.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Indiana

And his parents cannot consent to your relationship. You and they have major issues. If you have sex with him you will be engaging in rape. If the parents allow you to have sex with them or secure him condoms or anything, they are participating in the rape of their child. Why are dating a child? If found guilty you can also be listed for up to life as a sexual offender.

Is it me or are there alot of people out there trying to find a legal loophole that will allow them to be a pedephile?

Hon, you are almost 20! Your "boyfriend" is in, like, 9th grade. Do you not see the problem here? Do you really not understand how sick that is? Are you already having sex with this child?

xylene

Pretty bad but....

Is it me or are there alot of people out there trying to find a legal loophole that will allow them to be a pedephile?

Hon, you are almost 20! Your "boyfriend" is in, like, 9th grade. Do you not see the problem here? Do you really not understand how sick that is? Are you already having sex with this child?
God, its not THAT sick.

They could get married. Theoretically, though I doubt court permission would be forthcoming....

God, its not THAT sick.

They could get married. Theoretically, though I doubt court permission would be forthcoming....
Sorry, I think it is kinda sick. The age difference might not be that big of a deal later on in life, but right now, I see a big difference. Over my dead body would a 20 year old be sleeping with my 15 year old.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Well, no, actually, they couldn't get married. At least, not without permission from a court (Indiana law specifically requires that for 15 or 16 year olds). And just how likely do you think it is that a judge will grant permission for a 15 year old to marry so that a 19 year old can keep on having illegal sex with her not-even-old-enough-to-drive boyfriend? Isn't it more likely that our poster will be seeing the inside of a jail cell instead of a church?

Just went into this exact question in much detail on another board. There isn't a state in the US where there is more of a chance of this happening than a snowball has in a very hot place.

Indiana Filer

Indiana

You are guilty of felony level crimes if you are having sex with your boyfriend. In Indiana, he can not legally consent to sex until he is 16.

Indiana Code 35-42-4-5 (a) Vicarious sexual gratification; fondling in presence of minor.
A person 18 years of age or older who knowingly or intentionally directs, aids, induces, or causes a child under the age of 16 to touch or fondle himself...with intent to arouse or satisfy the sexual desires of a child or the older person commits vicarious sexual gratification, a Class D Felony.

I.C. 35-42-4-9 (a) A person at least 18 who, with a child at least 14 but less than 16, performs or submits to sexual intercourse or deviate sexual conduct commits sexual misconduct with a minor, a Class C Felony

I.C. 35-42-4-9 (b) a person at least 18 who, with a child at least 14 but less than 16, performs or submits to any fondling or touching, of either the child or the older person, with intent to arouse or satisfy the sexual desires of either the child or the older person, commits sexual misconduct with a minor, a Class D Felony.

The good news is that it isn't child molestation, since the boy is over the age of 14.

If you want to have sex, wait until he is 16. Or decide how much you like prison.

A Class C felony has an advisory sentence of between 2-8 years, with a $10,000 fine.
A Class D felony has an advisory sentence of between 1/2-3 years, with a $10,000 fine.

I'm a probation officer in Indiana, and I have several clients who committed sex offenses.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">