• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Executor Questions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mmkay4

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New York

As the Executor of the Will I will receive a mean of 4%. Will I get a mean of 4% of both the Trust and the Estate or just one of them?

Can the executor appoint a co-executor due to the amount of work involved or would that have been something that the recently deceased should have done? And if so, then does the co-executor get another mean of 4% for themselves?

Is it true that in New York State that if the beneficiary although not allowed to collect on the trust until of age that is stated in the Will, that he/she is entitled to $15,000.00? If so, then can the executor object to this? Why or why not?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

seniorjudge

Q: As the Executor of the Will I will receive a mean of 4%. Will I get a mean of 4% of both the Trust and the Estate or just one of them?

A: Is the trust testamentary or inter vivos?

Q: Can the executor appoint a co-executor due to the amount of work involved or would that have been something that the recently deceased should have done? And if so, then does the co-executor get another mean of 4% for themselves?

A: If you want to do such (and I never think it is a good idea), then you need permission of the court.

Q: Is it true that in New York State that if the beneficiary although not allowed to collect on the trust until of age that is stated in the Will, that he/she is entitled to $15,000.00? If so, then can the executor object to this? Why or why not?

A: Who told you this and what statutory authority did he/she/it cite?

mmkay4

Executor Question

This is a Testamentary Trust.

I'm not sure of where he/she cited that but I will find out.

seniorjudge

Generally, all the answers will be found in the documents themselves.

Obviously, it would be good to get a court order approving your actions before they were done.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">