• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Recovering items taken in a search

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

etroche

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arizona

How do I go about recovering items that were taken by police in a search? The case is over.

Curt581

Don't do anything crazy like giving us any detailed information.

Little details make a difference.

For instance, if you were convicted of armed robbery, you are never going to get your gun back. Those get melted down. If you were arrested for marijuana cultivation, you won't be getting your weed back, even if you were found Not Guilty.

racer72

For instance, if you were convicted of armed robbery, you are never going to get your gun back. Those get melted down. If you were arrested for marijuana cultivation, you won't be getting your weed back, even if you were found Not Guilty.
I watch some guy in court a few years ago argue that he should get his weed back, the charges were dropped when the search was ruled unconstitutional. Needless to say, the judge disagreed.

etroche

The item taken in the search that I want back is an X-Box. I've been told to either call the prosecutor (who never returns the calls) or get a court order which forces the prosecutor to act. Attorneys fees would be more than the price of a new X-Box. Is a court order something I can initiate myself?

seniorjudge

The item taken in the search that I want back is an X-Box. I've been told to either call the prosecutor (who never returns the calls) or get a court order which forces the prosecutor to act. Attorneys fees would be more than the price of a new X-Box. Is a court order something I can initiate myself?
We can't pull teeth here...unauthorized practice of dentistry and all those silly legal technicalities.

Okay...

What were you charged with?

How do you know the case is over?

Why was the toy confiscated?

etroche

What were you charged with? Burglary

How do you know the case is over? I was in court for the sentencing.

Why was the toy confiscated? They were looking for incriminating evidence on the XBox's hard drive.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">