• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Charges supposedly alleged/filed scared!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

scaredwife2000

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? WA
My husband works for the State of WA and today was taken into an office and read his rights by a police officer but not arrested.
The officer asked him a bunch of questions regarding the month of Feb. 2008 and a female coworker. He gave my husband a case number.
Then my husband's work put him on paid leave pending an investigation. He was told not contact his coworkers and one other department. The coworker is not in the 2nd department.
I called the police department to get more info on the case but the nice lady on the phone couldn't really help me. She did advise the only officer dispatched to his work's location was in response to a sexual assault complaint.
How do we find out the charges alleged?
We believe his coworker filed a bogus complaint as a form of harrassment towards my husband. My husband is an idiot and most likely said something inappropriate for an office setting in front of a woman.
Unknown to his employer and coworkers, my husband has a medical condition that would make a sexual assault almost impossible.
We are scared and don't now what to do! We are both very responsible, normal, law abiding people.

Any advice?

scaredwife2000

I agree whcih is why I said almost impossible. The day the officer mentioned, the only one my husband remembers, was a Sunday in Feb.
The woman the officer mentioned was not a coworker in Feb.

We have already contacted his union for assistance but were wondering how to get more information from the police?

He was not given a copy of the complaint, read the complaint or charged.

He doesn't understand what he could be under investigation for.

This is his first position inside an office after 20 years of working in small shops filled with men. I can SEE a sexual harrassment filing, although he is goofy with men and women.

But not a sexual assault.

I know most women would stand and proclaim their hubby's innocence, without fail.

If it was a DUI or speeding, I would be the first to turn him in.

But not this...it makes no sense.

scaredwife2000

I was hoping someone knew how to retrieve the information in the complaint.

We are working on attaining a lawyer, one of which stated he could get the information perhaps after he is hired.

As no charges have been filed, we still do not know what the complaint pertains to.
The data retention office said they would have it in two to four weeks.

As my husband is on leave from work, he would like to have the information much sooner.

I do appreciate your assistance as this is VERY new to us. I've never even had a parking ticket let alone know how to navigate the system. Husband actually works at the police academy but not as an officer.

seniorjudge

Q: I was hoping someone knew how to retrieve the information in the complaint.

A: We are working on attaining a lawyer, one of which stated he could get the information perhaps after he is hired.

scaredwife2000

I am sorry I should have stated how we could find out more information before we actually GET the attorney.

I guess a person can't just go to the police station and ask for a copy of the complaint?

Thank you

scaredwife2000

updated question

I had an updated questions and was told to move it here....

I asked earlier about a police report - questioning my husband was involved in through his work.

In finally receiving the employer's evidence through a Loudermille report, I have a question and do not know where else to find it.

If a Police Officer is informed of a 4th Degree assault, alleged, is he required by WA law to report it?

I am still going through the RCW's but can not locate it.

Any advice would be appreciated,
Thank you in advance!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">