• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Work Release VA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

icelander47

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? VA

I just got 30 days on a speeding ticket (and really that's all it was). The judge and my lawyer said I will be in work release very quickly. As I am a white collar professional, can someone explain work release to me?

On the weekends do I stay in the work release facility or go back to county jail? What about clothes? Do I need to tell my employer? I am not an hourly employee and my boss works in a different state then me. I was told at most I need to do 16 days (2 for 1 credit).

Can anyone offer me advice?

FlyingRon

Must have been a hell of a speeding ticket. Even 100MPH reckless driving tends to get you 60 days suspended to 8 (and serve 4). Judges in the counties here are extremely reticent to give work release or even weekends-only jail time.

If the center/jail has a bed for you, then you report there, go to work, come back. You can probably expect to be drug tested on your return at least once. You'll wear your normal clothes. You're employer will have to know as there is a form he has to sign agreeing to the policies of the work release.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">